Am I the only one that is still trying to grasp this whole “Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016” thought right now? Like, is this real life? Someone pinch me! 12 months really just went by…just like that?!
2015 has been a wonderful year for me and it’s really hard to believe that another year is in the dust. Wow!
My 2015 Milestones:
- The First MLP Street Team – This year was the first year that I did a Senior Model Program for the Class of 2016. I recruited five beautiful gals and we all now have some amazing memories.
- Celebrated our sweet Nora’s 1st birthday. I was always told that whenever you have kids that time goes into overdrive. Everyone who said that to me, you were correct! I can’t believe she will be two in March! As Kenny says, “Don’t Blink.”
- Planned a beautiful short weekend to La Jolla, California with my Senior Models for their destination shoot. It was a nice little escape and kind of a last hoorah before they started their senior year! I laughed so much that weekend! Check out some of my favorite photos from their beach shoot HERE.
- My family’s OBX trip home this past summer was short and lovely. After being in Las Vegas for almost six years it was pretty tough in the east coast summer humidity for the first couple days. Talk about having instant frizzy hair even before you walk outside! While we were home we tried to visit with as many of our folks that we could. Hugs and kisses to those we missed! While we were home we had our family photo updated on our home turf. 🙂 *Photo Cred: Lundy Photography
- The big news! The day we were flying back to Las Vegas from our trip home and as we were switching planes, we got word that we were moving – to Guam! WOW! We were instantly excited! It was such a bummer finding this out as we were in route back to Las Vegas from our short, one week vaca home. Had we known prior to the little vacation, we would have planned to make the vaca longer! :/
- Nora finally overcame her “Photographer’s Child Syndrome” of avoiding the camera at all costs. She now smiles when the camera is pointed at her. Oh, thank you Jesus! 🙂
- Christmas this year was fun! Nora was more aware of the holiday this year. She was really good not opening any presents until she was supposed to. She did MUCH better this year with Santa than last year. It was awesome! <3
As 2015 came to an end, I look back on all the beautiful people I had the pleasure of photographing, and from all over the world. One of the perks of being a photographer in Las Vegas is getting to be completely consumed in beautiful accents like those from Australia and the U.K. I could listen to them for days!
I want to take this moment to thank each and every client from 2015 [and beyond] for all your support. Without you I simply cannot do what I love. Hugs to you all!
So, goodbye 2015, you will forever be an amazing memory.
^ 2015 At a Glance ^
So this is where people typically start talking about resolutions. Ok, well of course I will share some of those with you! I am not really a resolutions kind of gal. My resolutions are more like goals that if I don’t reach them by the end of the year, I am ok with that. As long as I made some attempt at it for the future, then that is freaking awesome!
My 2016 “Resolutions”
- Get rid of this freaking baby weight! Good Lord, it is driving me insane not being able to wear like 90% of the clothes in my closet.
- Keep my sanity in tact while we fly to Guam with a two year old and two large dogs. I am so nervous about the flying pets thing. Gah! I need wine just thinking about it.
- Spend LOTS of time on the beautiful beaches of Guam and create memories with my family during our time there.
- Visit Australia, New Zealand, and Japan while we are in Guam. This more than likely won’t all happen the first year we are in Guam but it will before we leave from there in a few years.
- Meet new folks on the island for new friendships, business relationships, and people I get to capture memories for.
- I want to read more. I have an entire list of books that I want to take a stab at.
- Enjoy island life and it simplicity.
- And to just be thankful for all that has come my way and look to the future with open eyes and an open heart.
This is a lot, yes. Remember, this are things I want to at least start for 2016. I don’t have to finished them at all, however, that would be fabulous. I just try to be realistic about things like this so I don’t become completely bummed if I don’t reach the finish line.
Cheers to an amazing 2016!